Enjoy the beautiful winter wonderland at the Tannheimer Tal
Tours in the Tannheimer Tal
Hiking paths on the Tyrolean mountains
In the Tannheimer Tal you will find the Vilsalpsee natural reserve, an alpine biosphere that is especially worth the visit. During your holiday in Tyrol dive into the unspoilt natural environment.
Hiking in the Tannheimertal natural reserve
Many adventurous hiking tours lead through this nature adventure world. The well signposted hiking trails stretch over different altitudes all the way up to the impressive summits with panoramic views. During your hikes in the Tannheimer Tal please do take care of the environment in this worth protecting reserve. With a bit of luck you will discover some endangered species without having to leave the paths.
- Gamskopf with “panorama informator”: the Füssener Jöchle mountain station is the closest starting point for this short tour to a gorgeous panoramic viewing point.
- Vater Unser Weg (“Our Father Path”): A flat hike starts in Neu Grän and leads past various passages that invite you to meditate and pause.
- Schmugglerweg: due to the closeness to the border to Germany there are various formerly popular “smuggler” tours around here. Today they can be used for something else: follow their traces and find all the hints and utensils.
- Way of St. James through the Tannheimer Tal: the Way of St. James leads over 7 stages and thereby through the Tannheimer Tal and its surroundings. You don't have to walk all the way to Santiago de Compostela, but a small part of the way is definitely worth the effort.
- Many other tour infos … are available directly at Hotel Sägerhof and in Tannheim. You'll be spoilt for choice.
Tyrol hiking resort
The popular Lechtal hiking resort is not far away from Hotel Sägerhof in Tannheim. There you will find one of the Alps' most traditional and beautiful landscapes in the Tyrolean nature park Lech. The River Lech and its tributaries characterise the natural environment. One of the Alps' few intact wild river landscapes awaits you as well as wide lowland riparian forests and a refuge for many animal and plant species.
The Tannheimer Tal is not only an eye-catcher in the natural reserve. During your summer holiday you will appreciate the many advantages and beauties in this holiday resort in Tyrol. Just send us your no obligation room enquiry for Hotel Sägerhof.