3 nights/ 4 days of beautiful days in the Tannheim Valley...
Wheelchair holiday in autumn
Active in autumn in Tyrol
Thanks to the flat and wide bottom of the valley the Tannheimer Tal is the perfect choice for wheelchair users and people with disabilities. The scenic beauty of the Alps does the rest. There are several hikes and hand-bike tours in the area. The infrastructure and Hotel Sägerhof make your holiday as convenient as possible.
Autumn in the Tannheimer Tal is indeed incredibly impressive: in addition to the beauties of the natural environment it is now that the approaching winter is creating the most amazing colours on the mountains and lakes. Especially attractive for sports enthusiasts: in the pleasant temperatures you won't sweat as much as in the summer months.
Wheelchair hikes around Lake Haldensee
From the public parking area at Lake Haldensee a gravel path (always wider than 1m) runs around the lake. The trail is about 8km long. In addition you will also find the following wheelchair-friendly paths:
- Vilsalpsee: from Tannheim to Vilsalpsee in about 4km
- Stuiben Sennalpe: from Schattwald (6km away from Tannheim, by bus or car) the trail to Stuiben Sennalpe takes about one hour
- Zugspitzblick: from Zöblen (between Tannheim and Schattwald) the path takes about 45 minutes up to Zugspitzblick with wonderful views
- Rehbach: from Schattwald it's about 3km to Rehbach
- Unterjoch: start again in Schattwald, hike past Moorweiher to Unterjoch
In addition you will find the valley hiking path (Talwanderweg) through the Tannheimer Tal very suitable. High alpine trails lead from Tannheim to Grän and Zöblen and are also accessible for wheelchairs.
Hand-bike tour in the Tannheimer Tal
The Tannheimer Tal offers a signposted hand-bike tour. The path leads from Lake Haldensee past Tannheim (your access point) to Schattwald. 2km later you will reach the Vilsfall reservoir.
In case of rain: wellness
We will gladly answer all your questions about accessibility at your hotel in Tyrol in a personal conversation or a no obligation enquiry.